top of page
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
* Have your GPS coordinates and details description of your property location when calling
MCKENZIE CLEARWATER FIRE DEPARTMENT
HOW TO FIND YOUR GPS COORDINATES
When calling for fire, police or medical emergency, please have your GPS coordinates ready. It is a good idea to identify these coordinates before an emergency, and have them visible somewhere in your cottage or home.
Email us for a free fridge magnet with the emergency numbers and a spot to write your location.
How to find your GPS coordinates:
1. Open up the Google Maps application on your smartphone
2. Press and hold down on the blue dot that appears until a red pin appears on your location
3. Click on the red pin. Your longitude and latitude coordinates will then appear.
4. Write these coordinates down for easy access in an emergency
If you are not at your home or cottage during an emergency, you can quickly find your coordinates using this method even if you do not have cell service.
bottom of page